Children are naturally energetic, but without encouragement they can become inactive. Today many children spend more and more time sitting – in class, using the computer or watching TV. As a result, more than half of Canadian children aren’t active enough for optimal health and development.
Skipping is an efficient and effective way to get a great workout in just 15-20 minutes.
Here are a few of the benefits of skipping:
- helps to improve heart rate and blood pressure
- provides a full body workout: core, legs, glutes, shoulders and arms
- improves flexibility, coordination and balance
- improves muscle tone in both the lower and upper body
- assists with weight loss
- it’s low cost and can be done anywhere
- and, it’s FUN!
Skipping is for everybody – young and old! Skipping is often overlooked, yet provides one of the easiest and most effective cardio workouts possible. It is used by boxers, and lots of other athletes like basketball, soccer, hockey and tennis stars as part of their regular fitness routines.